Can I Use My G.I. Bill for CDL Training?

Many people have asked us whether or not you can use your Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) benefits for attending truck driver training programs. The short answer – yes. MGIB will help cover the cost of obtaining your Class A CDL. For veterans of the armed services, it can make getting your CDL less expensive.

One thing to consider when selecting a training facility is whether or not the facility is listed as an accepted organization. To search whether or not the trucking school you are interested in is an accepted organization, you can look them up in the Weams Institution Search.

Using the search database you will see that the trucking schools in CDL Training Today’s network are listed as recognized schools that the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) will allow you to attend using your MGIB benefits.

If you are interested in learning more about training facilities that can get you started in a new career as a professional truck driving using your MGIB benefits, fill out the form to the right.

More reading: Truck Driving for US Military Veterans


Guide To The GI Bill – What It’s Used For & How To Apply