HAZMAT Test Example Questions
When taking the HAZMAT test you’ll encounter a variety of questions this is just a small sampling for you to observe some general types. To find more examples of questions visit this HAZMAT practice test.
1: What placards, if any, do you need if your load includes 20 pounds of Division 2.3 gas and 1,001 pounds of flammable gas.?
- Poison 2.3 and flammable Gas 2.1
- Poison 2.3 and Dangerous
- Just dangerous placards are required
- None, you cannot load these materials together * This is the correct answer
2: For Division 1.1 or 1.2 Explosives A, should the floor liner required be stainless steel?
- No * This is the correct answer
- It does not matter
- Never use a floor liner for any explosive class
3: A hazard class that uses transport indexes to determine the amount that can be loaded in a single vehicle is _____.
- Class 7 Radioactive materials * This is the correct answer
- Class 3 flammable liquids
- Class 1 Explosives
- Class 6 Poisons
- All classes use a transport index
4: The Emergency Response Guide, ERG, can best be explained as_____.
- A guide explaining what materials can be hauled together in the same vehicle.
- A guidebook for firefighters, police, and industry workers on how to protect themselves and the public from hazardous materials.
- A guidebook for truck drivers, dock workers, and shippers on how to protect themselves and the public from hazardous materials.
- 1 & 2
- 2 & 3* This is the correct answer
5: Which of the following is a reason that shippers package material?
- Contain * This is the correct answer
6: When is it acceptable for non-hazardous materials to be described by hazard class words or identification numbers?
- During an emergency
- Never * This is the correct answer
- For hazards not described in the hazmat manual
Use the program search application to connect with a CDL training school near you.
Jump to: HAZMAT Endorsement Practice Test